Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm Not, I Don't, I Won't, I Am

Dear TD,

This letter is a long time coming, but it's not one I ever wanted to write. I feel, though, that my hand has been forced. Forced by you, and your behavior. So let's get a few things straight, shall we?

I'M NOT...
Your therapist, your sounding board, your babysitter, or your significant other. I'm not your child, mother or best friend. I'm not responsible for you.

I DON'T...
Get paid to deal with your bullshit every week. I don't have the time to listen to your sob stories or your lies. I don't enjoy having my time wasted, or making excuses for your actions to others.

I WON'T...
Take your abuse any longer. I won't solve your problems, and I won't listen to any more apologies. I won't watch you slowly kill yourself. I won't feel sorry for you for one more second.

I CAN'T...
Sit back and watch you ruin your life, and the lives of those that still care about you.

I AM...
Disgusted by you. I am tired of watching you sit there, night after night, stumbling drunk and making an ass of yourself rather than going home and trying to heal yourself.

I am your bartender, now, and nothing more. I DON'T, WON'T, CAN'T give a damn about you ever again. You have abused my good nature and my faith in our friendship for the very last time.

Trix

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home