Friday, November 17, 2006

Happy Anniversary To Me

Exactly one year ago today, Bated Breath became a part of my life. Looking back on that first post, I wondered if I had any idea how this whole thing would affect my life. I think about the person I was then, to the one I am now, and though I'm still fundamentally the same, there are a few things about me that have changed. I think it's got something to do with the words being therapeutic. Once they started coming out, everything else in my life began to get better. It's amazing the difference a year can make in your life.

I'll be eternally grateful to this blog (and therefore, myself) for what it's given me. I've been allowed to reach out, to meet so many wonderful people that I may have never had the opportunity to know had it not been for this...people I couldn't imagine living my life without now. You all know who you are. I don't think I need to name names. Sure, there have been some regrets along the way, too. There are things that I would have liked to have said - and done - differently. But I can't change that now, and my only choice is to look forward to the wonderful things that lay before me.

So, before this starts to sound like a bad karaoke version of Sinatra's "My Way," I'd like to end this with a few thank you's. Thank you for reading. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for caring. Most importantly, thank you for letting me be ME.

XOXOX,

Trixie

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home