Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Stripped

A funny thing happens to you when you step outside of your comfort zone and do something that you wouldn't, under most normal circumstances, ever consider involving yourself in. You learn how strong you can be when you toss your fears and inhibitions aside, and you realize what really matters in your life.

Out of respect for the privacy of new friends I made this weekend, I won't divulge too much information, but the truth of the matter is that I, your very own fairy, spent an entire weekend at a resort (and I use that term loosely, for the few of you who read this and know what I'm referring to), sans clothing. Nada. Niente. Just me and the parts my momma gave me, and fifty other naked people laughing and enjoying the company of close friends.

It's refreshing to be with a group of people who don't define themselves by what they do, but rather, present themselves to you as who they really are at the basic core of their existence. When there's no pretense getting in the way, it allows you to get to know a person in a way that would otherwise take years. Strip away the clothes, the career, and the stresses of everyday life and what you get is 100 percent purity.

I consider myself lucky to have had this experience, to have been welcomed into this circle with open arms. I don't know if they realize what they've done for me, how they have helped me to see things in a different, brighter light. But I hope to get the opportunity to show them my gratitude. These are people who's friendship is well worth the effort to keep.


Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home