Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The End of a Season


As I look out my window, I see a gray sky before me, a hint of the winter that's on it's way. The plants on my balcony are slowly losing their flowers, and there's an undeniable chill in the air. Very soon now, I'll be waking up before the sun rises, burying myself under the blanket for ten more minutes, dreaming away the bitter cold that faces me on my commute to work.

The leaves on the trees are turning, and there are turtlenecks and wool coats in my very near future. Soon there will be snow on the ground, and we'll all be digging our way out. It's enough to depress anyone, but oddly enough, I'm looking forward to it. I welcome the change.

This summer has been a learning experience for me, to say the least. I've discovered a strength in myself I never knew I had. I've realized that it's ok for me to go after the things that I want, and to say no to the things I don't. I've moved forward through difficulty, and come out the other side better than ever. Sure, there are regrets, but to dwell on those would bring me back to the place I worked so hard to remove myself from.

I deserve the happiness I have, because I earned it, created it, and I now look forward to the next season of my life.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home