Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lucky Girl

I had a rough day at work today. Not rough as in "this totally sucks," just rough as in "man, how am I going to get all this done?". At the point of a near stress-out, my boss (whose timing is always impeccable) walked in front of my desk with a stupid grin on his face, waved at me and then moved in a manner that suggested he was walking down a flight of stairs. I couldn't help but laugh out loud, and his act of goofiness reminded me just how lucky I am to have my job. Even at the craziest of times, I've still got it better than 99% of the people I know.

I decided to write a list of all the things I love about my job. I thought I'd post it for all of you, not to make you jealous, but to let you know that if you hate your job, there really ARE better opportunities out there. Here they are, in no particular order:

Twelve Reasons Trixie Loves Her Job:

1. Daily Starbuck's runs are considered a necessity, not a luxury.

2. It's part of my job description to keep the office stocked with the following at all times for general consumption:
a) Assorted chocolate candies (must include Kit Kat & Trix bars)
b) Assorted Munchies (microwave popcorn, Macadamia nuts, etc.)
c) A large bottle of Grey Goose Vodka in the freezer, and a bottle of Patron Silver tequila, with appropriate mixers
d) Assorted bottles of beer in the fridge
e) Assorted bottles of wine

3. On a regular basis, my boss rides his bike throughout the office, quoting 40 Year-Old Virgin lines.

4. We order lunch in every day. The company pays.

5. I can wear a baseball hat & jeans.

6. 4 weeks paid vacation, baby, plus all federal (and some Jewish) holidays off.

7. I can scream "FUCK" out loud, and no one cares.

8. I can scream "FUCKING ASSHOLE" out loud, and no one cares.

9. If I tell my boss I have cramps, he leaves me alone for the entire day.

10. I recently received a 10% raise. Who gives out 10% raises anymore?

11. If I go out drinking with the boss' wife, SHE tells HIM that I won't be getting in to work until later the next day.

12. They enable me to feed my office supply addiction. I buy whatever I want, when I want. You should see my collection of Post-It notes.

So you see, I've got it pretty damned good. Obviously, they'll have to drag me, kicking and screaming, from this job. But if I ever do have to leave it, who wants first shot at it?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home