Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm Alive...But Just Barely

It's done. Well, for the most part, anyways. There's still some pictures left to hang, and a few other odds and ends to take care of, but this bitch of a move is finally near it's completion. I ache in parts that I never knew I had, but I guess lugging boxes up to the third floor will do that to you.

I'm exhausted, but sitting here on my couch now, staring out the windows at the lit-up Chicago skyline, I know it was totally worth it. I love this place, and for the first time in God knows how long, I feel completely at home. I've worked hard for it, and for once, I can honestly say I deserve every bit of happiness this space has thus far provided.

So, who's up for a house-warming party?

XOXOX,

Trixie

p.s. Thanks to Andre and the guys at Aaron Brothers Movers. You rock. I don't know how I would have done it without you. At 33, I'm well past the point of plying my friends with beer and pizza as payment for carting the heavy shit.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home