Friday, April 28, 2006

On Blogging

I've received more than a few emails on the state of my blog lately. Some were kind, some were not (fuck you), which got me to thinking about where I'm going with this thing. So, here's what I've come up with so far:

The appearance...


If you haven't already noticed, I've been making some changes around here. A little "spring cleaning," if you will. Maybe you like it, maybe you don't. To tell you the truth, I don't really give a shit. I like it, and that's all that matters.

As for my blogroll...

I've been struggling with whether or not to take this down completely. I feel horrible (not really) when someone sends me an e-mail saying, "I've linked to you for ages. Why don't you link to me?" Then I read Chicky's blog, and she makes a very valid point.

My blogroll is a reflection of me. It's a list of sites I enjoy most in the blog world at this moment, and who I relate to at this place in time. If I don't link to you, it is by no means a statement of my dislike for you or your blog (well, maybe it is, but I'll never tell), and I hope you won't take it as a personal insult. If you do, you're an idiot, and you need to get a life. It's a blog, people! Priorities, please!


The direction...

I've been a little bit stuck lately with bloggers-block. It's not that I don't have things to write about, because I do. What I'm struggling with, though, is my voice. I went back to the very beginning in hopes of finding it again. This is what I found:

"It's my journal of my search for that one person that I actually WANT to drive me crazy for the rest of my life."

Well, that certainly explains it, huh? My voice has changed, because I've changed. I'm no longer in search of that person. I've found him, and everything in my life is different now because of him. So it would make sense that I change direction a bit, no? I'm just not sure where to begin.

Maybe once I've moved it will be easier for me. I'll have a whole new set of experiences to write about when I'm living in a world so totally different than the one I'm used to. I'll tell you of being driven crazy by the BF when he leaves his underwear on the floor. Won't that be interesting? Until then, though, I'm going to keep trying. I'm not prepared to give this up just yet. I enjoy it too much.

So, I guess that's it for now. I hope you'll stick it out with me and keep on stopping by. But if you don't, that's ok too. It's a decision only you can make, and I won't hold it against you. Well, not much.

XOXOX,

Trixie

p.s. I'm working a 12 hour shift at the bar this Saturday. The Cubs are at home and playing Milwaukee. I hate serving those miserable cheeseheads, so this weekend should create some fairly good stories for Monday. Pray for me.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home