Monday, March 06, 2006

Thoughts of Far Off Places...


My mind is elsewhere these days. Focusing on the tasks at hand seem nearly impossible. Anticipation and excitement are what get me through my day. I'll be leaving soon...

Like most Americans, I'm forced to subscribe to the "Live to work" policy. I slave through long work weeks, because that's what is expected of me. I get one major holiday per year. A smattering of days away from the daily grind of my life. I'm jealous of Europeans. For them, it's "Work to live," and nothing more. Pleasure and beauty are what hold their hearts. Work simply puts food on the table.

So, I'm going to join them in their happy lives for a while...live the fantasy of a richer life, even if it's only for little more than a week. I'll spend my days wandering the ancient city, my nights drinking wine in some out-of-the-way piazza, and I'll soak up just enough of it to get me through until my next holiday. I'm already planning it...

p.s. If you'd like a postcard, email your address to me. I'll be more that happy to send one along!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home