Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Dedication & Happy HNT!

In honor of Todd's Mardi Gras Post
As I was leaving the bank the other day, a very old man held the door open for me. At his age, I should have held it open for him, and probably walked him to his car after. I smiled and thanked him, and as I exited, he said, “Lovely ladies like you should always have their doors opened.” I couldn’t help but think that there is some woman somewhere who is very happy because of him, and I hope she appreciates it.

The truth of the matter is, as much as I treasure my independence and go on and on about not needing a man to do anything for me, I really do enjoy being pampered. I love having a man take care of me for no other reason than the fact that I’m his girl, and he wants to please me. I realize all my feminist friends are going to call me out on this, but I'm willing to take the heat.

So, to all the men who have opened a door for me, offered their seat, given me their taxi, told me I’m beautiful, given me flowers, fixed my car, taken out my garbage and generally behaved like a gentleman, THANK YOU.

It hasn’t gone unnoticed, and I very much appreciate you.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home