Monday, February 13, 2006

Dear Mona,

When I started this post, I had intended it to be an angry letter to Doc. But after several re-writes and upon further reflection, I decided that it wasn't the best idea I've ever had. It seems to me that writing "Dear selfish insensitive miserable asshole bastard, How dare you make my best friend cry?" only serves to make me feel better, and it really doesn't change a thing about the situation in which you now find yourself.

I wish with all my heart there was some magical way for me to take away all the pain and confusion you're feeling at the moment. I know, though, that there's nothing I can do except to be there when you need me, and I promise you, I will. Time is the only thing that will heal you, and you can take all you need for that to happen. Lean on me, cry to me...whatever it takes to set you to right again.

I want you to know one thing, though. Your grace, beauty, intelligence and strength have touched the lives of so many people that there will never be a shortage of love in your life. Please remember this in the days ahead, and don't ever be afraid to ask us for our support. Like me, your friends and loved ones will be there for you in a heartbeat.

I'm truly sorry this has happened. I wish nothing for you but a life full of love and happiness. That may seem so far away from you right now, but I know one thing for certain. It's only a matter of time until you find that person who truly deserves you, and who will appreciate all the beautiful things about you that have made me, and everyone who knows you, love you so dearly.

All my love, Trix




Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home