Thursday, December 15, 2005

Primo Bacio

You showed. I wasn't certain you would, but there you were, walking toward me. All I could see was your eyes. I had to search to find my breath. Even now, without you here, I can still see them...bright and knowing.

When you sat down, it was as if I had known you for far longer than mere days. And you stayed. You stayed all night, long past close, exhausted and ill. For me. You waited just for me. I'm still amazed by that.

When you opened the door to your car for me, the anticipation I'd felt all night suddenly thrust my thoughts in to the present. This was real, and it was going to happen at any moment. The feeling was palpable. I wanted it, but I was scared.

We stood there, facing one another, and suddenly, your hands were on my face. They were warm and strong, but held my face without being forceful. They are the hands of a man who knows the meaning of a hard day's work. But there was something else there. You have hands that understand fragility. Standing in the cold and the snow, what I felt was safe and warm.

You pulled me closer, and I could feel the heat of your breath on my face. And when it finally happened, it was exactly as I had thought it would be. Powerful and potent, yet soft and patient. I didn't want to open my eyes, because I was certain the second I did, I'd realize I was dreaming. But I did open them, and you were still there, smiling and looking right through me with those amazing eyes.

I know there can never again be another first kiss. It's a place in time that can only be relived in my memory. But every time you've kissed me since, my mind has been carried back to that amazing night. It's one of the best gifts anyone has ever given me.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home