Monday, November 07, 2005

Me...On Me.

I'm not quite sure why I've decided to do this blogging thing. I've tried - and failed - to keep a journal more times than I care to remember. It seemed silly to write something down, knowing I'd be the only one to read it. But that's not the case in the blog world, right? I guess this is my opportunity to share a just little bit of my world with you. Then again, this could turn in to a huge disaster and blow up in my face. Maybe, in the end, I'll still be the only one to read it. I suppose only time will tell.

About me...

Where to begin? I'm in my early 30's. I don't have any major wrinkles to speak of yet, and I've only found one gray hair so far. Judging by the amount of "offers" I get, I'm pretty sure that I'm attractive. I'm a thru-and-thru south sider, with all the requisite neuroses. I'm normal, or at least, as much as any person can be. I've got a crazy family that I love, even when I want to kill them. I've got a great job - well, two great jobs to be exact.

I don't live a life of excess, unless you count drinking multiple pints of Magner's every now and again. I don't hang out in nightclubs. I'd rather hang out at a dive, bellied up to the bar. I have close friends that I love and support, and that do the same for me. I've also got a great apartment, complete with two fat, cranky cats and, thank God, an amazing parking spot.

I've traveled across most of the U.S., and parts of the Caribbean and Europe. I've seen and done things that most people never get to do in a lifetime. I love to read, and I'm genuinely interested in learning everything I can about almost anything.

Like I said before, I'm normal. I like to keep things simple. Just your average, whitebread girl, living a pretty good life. Just what then, you may ask, is missing? It's the age-old dilemma, isn't it? Of course, the answer is love.

I have most certainly fallen in love before, and I've definitely fallen out of love. I've had good and bad relationships. I've been the destroyee as much as I've been the destroyer. I've fucked things up royally, and I've also been fucked over. You know the saying, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?" Call me Xena, princess warrior.

So, this blog will be filled with my stories. Some past, some present, some funny and some sad. It's my journal of my search for that one person that I actually WANT to drive me crazy for the rest of my life. Like I said before, it may blow up in my face, but I'm willing to take that chance. Wish me luck.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home