Monday, November 28, 2005

A Holiday Challenge

Take a look around you. Do you have a roof over your head? Next, go to your refrigerator. Is there food in it for you to eat? Then, go to your closet. Do you have plenty of warm clothing? Finally, if you have children, walk to their room. Are there books for them to read and toys with which to play? If, like me, you can answer yes to most of these questions, then I have a challenge for you.

The events of this year have left so many people without shelter, food, and most importantly, hope. My family and I have decided to forego the usual gift giving and instead, spend the money where it can bring the most happiness. We're taking the money we would have spent on presents for one another and making a family donation to the American Red Cross.

I ask you to please, consider peoples' NEEDS this year before you think about people's WANTS. Think of the amount of joy a donation by you will bring to a family that so desperately needs the basic necessities you take for granted. After all, isn't this what the holiday season is all about?

So please, pass this along to your loved ones. There's so much that's bad in this world, but I believe it's possible for that to change. It is my sincerest hope that you believe it too.

www.redcross.org

Thank you,

Trix

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home